To prepare for your engagement shoot we wanted to share 7 tips to aid in creating the best images:
1) Think of any ideas you may already have and share them with us (such as any theme you may already have)
2) Pre-scout the location. Look for places that are nice for some creative and intimate images.
3) Clothing suggestions (be comfortable, not restrictive and fun) Avoid strong patterns. As a general rule, wear solid colors, as stripes and patterns draw attention away from your face.
Avoid wearing turtlenecks and large loose clothing.
4) Colors: Solid monochromatic colors are easiest to coordinate but primary or complementary colors also look great and bring energy to the photograph.
5) Accessories: Keep it to a minimum.
6) Props: If there is something that would fit into how you met, an inside story item that fits your style, or something that you use in your occupations that would be fun, bring it.
7) Footwear: Avoid running shoes and heavy footwear. Consider fashionable boots, shoes or even sandals.
Bonus) Be ready to do a lot of smiling, kissing, and nose-rubbing!
Note the time of sunset to aid you in getting the most time in the golden hour.
RS7 Studios – St. Louis Wedding Photographers
Recent engagement sessions: