by Richard Shoaf, founder & signature photographer, RS7 Studios
The 7 steps to getting ready for a professional business portrait include:
1) Get some rest. This is not the time to pull an all-nighter right before.
2) Give yourself some time. Many sessions take only 30 minutes however we want to be good stewards of your time so we allow about an hour for your session. (see item 3)
3) Be ready. Bring what you will need to make sure you are looking good, put together and professional. Some of the items are: comb/brush, makeup, hair products, razor (if later in the day), and toothbrush. Not that we are worried about how your breath smells in the studio, its to catch the stray bit of pepper in your teeth from lunch.
4) Dress to Impress. Solids are good. Also look for contrasting light and dark clothing. Refrain from really eye catching jewelry ladies. The portrait is about recognizing you.
5) Accessorize. Do not wear bright, busy patterns or colors. Guys go with solid ties and ladies the same with a scarf is so desired.
6) Be prompt. We do allow for an hour for a portrait session that takes us about 30 minutes however often we have back to back sessions and want to be respectful of others schedules as well as yours.
7) Relax and smile. Your photographer will be doing all the work.
We work hard to make sure you look your best in your personal branding. If you have any questions in advance, do not hesitate to contact us and ask us.